The Calgary Stampede recognizes the need to provide applicants an overview of organizational expectations and policies prior to developing an employment relationship.
Hiring and Employment Practices
The Calgary Stampede adheres to Alberta Employment Standards as well as Calgary Stampede policies and procedures. To view these policies please see your supervisor.
Calgary Stampede requires successful candidates to meet the following criteria:
- be 15 years of age or older by July 3, 2014
- social insurance number
- legally authorized to work in Canada
- direct deposit information
Conduct and Behaviour
Employees are required to act in accordance with the Calgary Stampede values and operational priorities.
The following actions represent the operational principles of the Calgary Stampede:
- Adherence to Calgary Stampede policies, and procedures;
- Competent performance of all job duties assigned;
- Prompt and regular attendance at work;
- Courtesy to and respectful treatment towards co-workers, guests, volunteers, suppliers or any other person who deals with Calgary Stampede in the conduct of its business;
- Adherence to the dress policy and procedure as assigned which includes wearing all attire and footwear during working hours.
The following actions do not represent the operating principles of the Calgary Stampede:
- Loitering, loafing, excessive personal use of telephones or computers, poor or careless work;
- Leaving work early or leaving assigned station without supervisor's permission;
- Using obscene, or abusive language, spreading gossip or rumours, harassing, threatening, intimidating, coercing any person at any time;
- Horseplay or throwing objects;
- Reporting to work or working while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or prohibited substances;
- Gambling, lotteries, or any other game of chance while on duty or in uniform;
- Possession of weapons or explosives on company property;
- Possession, consumption or use of illegal substances and/or alcohol while on duty or in uniform;
- Wilful violation of safety rules and procedures;
- Wilful neglect, unsafe driving and/or mishandling of Calgary Stampede equipment and vehicles;
- Theft and/or falsification of company records;
- Sleeping while on duty;
- Soliciting gratuities or tips.